Choose Your Program
Advanced Homes is a free sustainable home upgrade program focused exclusively on our community of Bassett and Avocado Heights. Using grant money from the California Energy Commission, we’re partnering with fifty homeowners to create a network of Advanced Homes, decked out with the newest clean energy technologies like solar panels, battery storage, and heat pumps.
We’re striving to make Advanced Homes as accessible as possible. To be eligible for free Advanced Homes upgrades, you must be a homeowner in the Bassett or Avocado Heights neighborhoods. If you’re not sure if your address falls in one of these neighborhoods, we can help you confirm if your location qualifies.
To make sure clean energy is accessible to everyone, we also have an income qualification. If you participate in the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program or the Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) program, you’ll likely meet our requirements too.
Even if you’re not sure if this sounds like you, join the waitlist and we will talk you through all the ins and outs of program participation!
- Complete our online form.
- A representative will contact you to confirm eligibility and answer all of your questions.
- Once eligibility is confirmed, we will provide a free inspection of your home to evaluate your home’s condition to receive energy efficiency improvements, rooftop solar, battery energy storage system, or heat pump water heater upgrade.
- We will help you complete an Advanced Homes enrollment form.
- Begin the process to receive up to $50,000 in new energy equipment and reserve up to $8,500 in incentives for a battery energy storage system.
Community Solar is a new way to save money on your electricity bill. We’re creating a utility-scale solar panel installation (enough to power over 600 homes!) at a central community building within 5 miles of Bassett and Avocado Heights. These solar panels will generate local renewable electricity that can be shared by community subscribers (that’s you!). When you join, you receive a credit on your electricity bills for your share of the power generated.
With Community Solar, anyone who lives in Basset and Avocado Heights can get their electricity from a local renewable source. We especially encourage anyone participating in utility bill assistance programs, such as California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program or the Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) program, to sign up for even more electricity bill savings.
- Complete our online form.
- A representative will contact you to discuss eligibility requirements.
- Once eligibility is confirmed, we will provide a link to enroll in the new Community Solar rate, and a representative will walk you through the process if needed.
- Once officially enrolled, start saving at least 20% on your electricity bill!